Thursday, June 10, 2010

Our New Election Commissioner












I was informed that George Hozendorf, chairman of the Garland County Democratic Central Committee, appointed himself to the position of Chair over the Election Committee. This has been a traditional way to conduct business in Garland County and I'm sure it's statewide. The chair of the GCDCC is automatically chair of the Election Commission.
That was until Barbara Thexton worked with her allies to get Charles Tapp removed as Chair of the GCDCC about 6 years ago (if my memory serves me right). When she won the chair, she then appointed Tapp as the chair of the Election Commission, a post he's been returned to every 2 years since.
I asked John Martineau to nominate me to the position but it looks like George has cut me off at the pass.
The law suits that were filed against the Election Commission have been dismissed because Tapp resigned. If the lawsuits were about Tapp that would be okay. But this is about the disenfranchisement of a whole slew of voters by the Election Commission. I need someone to step forward that voted Tuesday and had to drive from across the county in order to vote (it would really be great if he/she was a handicapped voter also only because they were the worst positioned voters at the Election Commission office). Anybody that could NOT get off from work in order to vote, I would really like to hear from them too.
We need to change the way business is ran in this state, especially with the manipulation of the polls the way they were here. Everybody's vote should be counted and everybody should have a fair chance to get to the polls if they so desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers